Sunday, February 9, 2014

I'm Bad at Titles


It's been a fairly relaxed couple of days. Thursday the tube strike was still on, so we slept in and then Katie and I went running! Our plan is to run every other day, and even though we got covered in mud and rain, it was a good time. And I didn't die from my asthma, which made it an even better time! We mostly did nothing that day, just hung out. We did get absolutely delicious margarita pizza for dinner that we watched being cooked in a wood fire oven. It was expensive, but very worth it.

Friday we had a tour of London on a bus. We saw Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, and the Tower of London. It was really nice. The only bad bit was the coffee I got which was disgusting. Sadly, I can't drink bad coffee 'cause I've not had the experience before... Such are the trials of a Keurig owner...

Yesterday we went to Notting Hill! Now, as many of you probably know, one of my favorite movies is Notting Hill with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. So I dragged Katie and Rachael with me and we went to see the market that runs all the way through it, on Portobello Road. The market was cool, but so terribly crowded with people that it was hard to see anything. Once we moved a bit past the crush of people we wandered around for a bit looking for a place to eat (sadly everything was full) and we happened to bump into the bookstore featured in the movie. I had a moment of sheer excitement and dashed inside. It was "surreal, but nice." If you don't know why I said that, go watch the movie. It was really cool to see the inside of the store. After tearing myself out of the bookstore we went home and did nothing for the rest of the day.

Today I woke up and had muesli for breakfast.  Muesli, for you that don't know, is magic. It's like they combined oatmeal and granola into one magical warm or cold cereal. I was fairly unreasonably excited to eat it. After that, I had a lovely long devotional time and missed worshiping with my dear WBC family. Then we made a trek to a candy shop, which we've spent a fairly substantial time looking for. I got something called Sour Fizz Balls. Not normal. Warheads have nothing on these candies. They are the most sour candies I have ever eaten in my life. They are delicious, but sadly one can't eat more than three without their tongue starting to bleed, so they also have an edge of danger in them that I quite appreciate.

Nothing else planned for today. Tomorrow is the first day of classes (Contemporary Britan). I'm excited to start something more substantial. I'm looking forward to having stuff to do again. I probably will regret those words once I have a ten page paper to do.

I'm enjoying London, but missing home. It's weird to wake up and not sit at the breakfast table with my mom, drinking coffee and chatting (well I drink the coffee, she the tea). I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment